Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wakin up...

I'm sure these blog posts will become fewer and fewer over the next few weeks, but for right now--I'm bored.
This morning was rough.  Woke up today feeling a LOT of pain.  I'm not sure why---maybe it's because I have a gaping hole where my boobs used to be.  (That was meant to be funny, not pity inducing).  Every time I feel the slightest bit of pain, I really do think, man, why am I in pain...then I remember why.  So, in reality, it's not that bad. I think I was expecting this excruciating pain, but it really feels like I just have a really fat guy siting on my chest, haha.  It's the worst when I wake up, but once the pain meds kick in, it's not too bad.

The worst physical thing right now would have to be the right armpit.  Weird, right?  It's swollen because that's where they removed the lymph nodes.  They did find cancer in the right side in my lymph nodes (I can't remember if I put that in another blog post.  Well, anyway, it is swollen to the point where when I put my arm down it feels really funny.

On another note, Marie was able to come say good morning.  We sat in here and watched an episode of Mickey while she ate her "crunchy crunch" (cinnamon toast crunch cereal).  It was good.  She was really good about everything.  She asked about my boobies (she knows that's where I'm 'hurt').  She was very careful.  She wanted to see, but I told her no (I don't think she should see them), but I did show her a bit of the "band-aid" (gauze), so she knows the area to be careful of.  She seemed very happy to be hanging out with me.



Right now, I can't wait until Wednesday.  That's when I get the drains removed and I feel like everything will start moving forward.

I have to go see my general doctor on Monday.  I'm not looking forward to that.  He's been our family doctor since I was in high school.  I haven't seen him since I've been diagnosed.  They want me to see him because my blood pressure was really high in the hospital before I left.  It'll be interesting to meet with him.

Well, I'm out for now, going to watch some more New Girl on Hulu.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment