Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A couple things:
1.  Figured out how to post comments on here.  You just have to make sure you click on "anonymous" in the drop down menu.  It's the easiest way.  Just make sure to sign your name.
2.  I'm now going "fully" public.  I'm posting the link to this thing on facebook.  I figure it will be good to get it out there now.  The only reason I didn't before is because I wanted to wait until my district new that I'd be out for an extended period of time due to the chemotherapy.

Yesterday I was able to watch a movie with my little gal.  I think we'll do it again tomorrow night.  She's being really good about everything.

Today was an ok day.  Not a TON of pain.  I feel very weird because I'm starting to get sensations back little by little in my right arm and upper chest area.  The numbness is almost completely gone.  Went bra shopping.  It was a little weird because I have no idea what size I am now, or what size I will be when this is all over.  Plus, it is hard to find a bra that is easy enough for me to put on by myself at this point.  I have such limited movement in that area that I have VERY specific needs when it comes to bras.  So, overall, it wasn't a total bust.  I got 2 bras.  Hopefully they will fit.

I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow.  I'm hoping to get the drains out tomorrow, but who knows.  They still have quite a bit of fluid in them, so I'm not sure that he'll want to take them out.

With all of this going on, I keep forgetting that the holidays are right around the corner.  They creep up on me every year, but this year we've all been a little distracted.

I'm looking forward to a few things this week:

  • The possibility of having the drains out.
  • Visiting with some work friends thursday :)
  • Troy coming home (another business trip--I'm so proud of him)
  • Good friends visiting Saturday.  

It's going to be a good week.   I'm really starting to get the hang of this "one day at a time" stuff.  
PLUS, I had a daughter come home with an adorable christmas gift for me and Troy.  She was super pumped to give it to me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment