Thursday, December 20, 2012

Biting off more than I can chew

So today I went out to lunch and to coffee.  It was good seeing some people and catching up.  I am currently trying to ween myself of of the medication that the docs have me on, so I feel like I chose a bad day to be up and about.  When I got back I was sore.  Not too bad, though.  I was still able to stay away from the hard stuff (pills) for a good amount of time.  When I did take them, it was only one pill instead of two.

I think, like a good friend brought to my attention today, that when I take the medication, I do too much.  For me, the meds work really well, and fairly quickly (in about 20 minutes the pain is pretty much gone).  So, when I take them, I feel no pain and like I can do anything.  Then, when it starts to wear off, I feel the effects of me doing so much.  The result?  Ouch.

On the plus side, my wonderful husband is back home.  :)  I missed him a lot.  Tomorrow, we are going to finish up some Christmas shopping, and he's taking me to my doctor's appointment.  Then (if I'm feeling up to it), we are going to attempt another Santa visit, and possibly take Marie to a movie.  Again, I'm trying to soak in Marie time before she goes away.

Now, for a pun before I sign off.


No comments:

Post a Comment