Friday, December 28, 2012

I feel like a cyborg...

I have three different things in my body that aren't meant to be there.  Super weird.

Went to Edwards today and had a minor surgery to make sure all of my margins are clean.  The doctor also wanted to insert the port-a-cath.  It's this thing that rests under the skin and I'll have the chemotherapy drugs administered through it.

This is what it looks like -------->

This is where it is, but it was placed much higher -------->

It's really weird, because now I can feel all of it.  I have these expanders in that feel really bizarre.  During today's surgery, the doctor was able to inflate them, which gets me one step closer to my normal size again.  It sounds so weird to say that--inflate.  

Anyway, this port feels like this little lump in my chest.  It's really odd.  I seriously feel like I have mechanical parts inside me.  Awkward. 

<-----That's where it is.  You can't even really see it.  But trust me, it's there.

I've decided to participate in the study, so that is done.  I'll be calling my doctor on Monday to follow up.  

That's all for now.



I selected this post to be featured on Breast Cancer Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I really feel for you. Remember, there is a lot of positive energy aimed right at you. So soak it all in and get well my friend, my great niece. I met some amazing women while in the waiting room of RT, they told stories of great courage and accomplishment.
    Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete