Saturday, December 29, 2012

2:00 a.m....Can't sleep

Woke up at 1:00 because of a few things.
1. Troy is an amazing selfless person and went to help my cousin paint.  I'm home alone (Which I'm kind of ok with--gives me some reflection time and rest time).
2. Because of the home alone things, the dogs freak out.  Apparently, Troy has to be here, or Rusty whines.  He's better now, but it seriously scares him to have Troy gone, and then Duke gets scared because Rusty is scared.
3.  The TV was off, then I heard a noise outside and the dogs started barking like crazy, which freaks me out in return.

So now-Friends is on Nick at Night (Nick2), the dogs are finally calm, and I have double checked that all doors are locked and barricaded myself in my room.




I'm also thinking that I'm going to play the Sims when I finish this post.  Don't judge--it's fun, and I'm bored at times.

Also-another overwhelming thank you to everyone who is reading/commenting.  It is really nice to know that people look at this.  It makes writing it very worth it.  I think it's like a sort of therapy for me to write on here.  I know I'm not the best writer, but this seems like a nice way to log all of my medical information; I just figure, why not add the emotional stuff as well.

Something I didn't write earlier that is a good thing:  The doctors are all very impressed with me.  Everything seems to be going "Great", or "amazing", or "the best".  They seem very intrigued (I think I said that in a previous post), but this is a good thing to me.  I hope it makes me a priority.

Later this week, I'm going to be going to lunch with a friend who is going through the same thing as me.  I only recently met her, but I think we'll become fast friends.  She is also going through Edwards Hospital, has the same oncologist as me, and she's doing this trial that I am doing.  She's already been so great, and answered so many questions for me (She's about a month ahead of me in terms of treatments); I'm hoping that I can be a support system for her as well.

I also realized that I haven't really posted about Christmas, so I'm going to create a photo-album type post here.  So stop reading this post if you don't want to see pictures :)


 Under the tree--Santa came!


I've got a pretty good husband :) 



 Making a gingerbread house with Grandma Jackie




Putting her letter to Santa in the mailbox

 Troy's gift



 
 Opening presents on Christmas morning.


 Because I got distracted and was watching "Friends" while wrapping, Chandler decided to give Marie a present. 

 Hot Cocoa on X-Mas Eve at Julie and Patrick's place--Patrick's mom made a great Candycane/marshmallow/chocolate thing to dip into the cocoa.  It was awesome!

 Santa ate his Gingerbread cookies!




 Marie's big gift was a dollhouse.  We played :)


 Cinderella doll
 Irony: Her "glass" slipper doesn't fit.  


 Dad's new Bears plaque from Mom


 My pandora bracelet--good husband :)  I have three beads, but I didn't get them in this pic.  More later.





So that was Christmas.  It was great fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Your dogs are adorable! I'm glad that you have found someone who is going through the same process as you! Great pics! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete