Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Followers

One weird thing about blogger is that it shows me how many views I get in a day.  It kind of makes me feel conceited.  I see that over 600 people read my blog today.  That is huge.  But again, it gives me a big head.

I want to remind everyone (especially now that more people are reading this) why this blog is here.  I'm writing it to keep everyone updated.  It is an added bonus that I get to use it as an outlet.  I just want to make sure that if I'm not responding to texts/calls/emails/etc., you all understand why.

It's been amazing to see the amount of support that is coming my way, but it is also overwhelming.  I know that I have a lot of support, but please, if I don't respond to you, do not be offended.  The last few weeks have been a blur, as I'm sure the next few will be, too.  I kind of have a lot going on right now (understatement of the year), and I'm grateful to have this way to communicate to everyone.

Doctor's appointment went well today.  They removed 37 lymph nodes.  I don't know what lymph nodes are, or what they do.  Therefor, I looked them up.  SO, according to wikipedia (sorry students...)


So, these lymph nodes are pretty important.  Out of the 37 they removed from my right arm, 2 were positive for cancer.  I'm ok with those odds; the doc seemed cool with them, too. 

Apparently, because I'm so young, the doctors seem really intrigued by my case.  I guess that should make me feel ok, because that means that they pay attention to me...but it is a little bit disturbing.   
Anyway--The plan now is that I will have chemotherapy after I heal from the surgery.  After chemo, I may need radiation and I may need additional surgery because of how close the cancer was to my skin. We shall see.  
I apparently am a "great candidate" (doc's words, not mine) for Tamoxifen, because I have estrogen responsive cancer.  We will see what that means at a later date, I guess.  Overall, today was ok.  Learned a lot...made a lot of appointments...realized that even though I won't be working, all of this cancer crap will keep me busy as hell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment