Thursday, December 20, 2012

Showers

It's raining outside today.  It will probably turn to ice/snow at some point.

That isn't the kind of shower I referenced in my subject.  I'm going to try not to get too graphic.

Ever since I got out of the hospital, showers have been an issue.  I'm telling you, when they told me I could shower my first day home, I was ecstatic.  Being in the hospital for 3 days without a shower made me feel nasty.

What I didn't know was how difficult it would be.  With the limited arm movement, showers have been....interesting.  It's almost comical how difficult it is.  My left arm is ok, but my right arm is really hard to move.  This means, when I'm using soap/washing my hair, I'm twisted in this weird position to try to allow my right hand to get the soap in my hair.  It's really hard to explain, but I find myself laughing while I'm trying to wash my hair.

Anyway.

Some people/things that have been keeping me company this week:

 


 I'm obviously surrounded by great people/things.  Haha.


I want to take a minute to reword something that I said yesterday.  I mentioned that I was overwhelmed with the support and the contacts that I was receiving.  I am, but in a good way.  I will try to get back to everyone, and I may get back to you sooner than later.  I just want people to be able to look at this as an updated rather than feeling the need to ask me or my family.  That's why this is here.

One of the most humbling things about this experience has been the amount of people who have come out of the woodwork (for lack of a better phrase).  Some, I'm rather surprised and confused to hear from, while some have sparked some pleasant communication.  Either way, it has been nice to hear from people that I haven't heard from in a while.  I'm going to try to respond/get back to all of these people, and I'm really hoping that I can reconnect with some people that I haven't heard from in a while....maybe even AFTER I'm cancer free, haha.

With the holidays coming (and coming rather fast), I'm going to spend the next few days hanging out with my family.  I am going to have some fun with Troy and Marie getting ready for christmas and some major family time.

Marie leaves for Disney with the rest of the family in a week, and it is starting to sink in that she'll be gone.  She definitely needs the fun.  She'll have a great time with everyone.  It will be nice for me and Troy to have some time alone, too.  I'm sure I'll get sad and sappy while she's gone, but its the right thing.  That's why I'm going to try to hang out with her as much as possible before she leaves :)

Ok--this was a random post.  I'm out for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment