Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting...

So I'm in the waiting room. Waiting. This is going to be the longest day of my life. Seriously.

Want to know what I'm thinking about?
1. When can I eat again? I'm freakin starving.
2. I'm more scared about this sentinel node procedure than the actual surgery.
They are supposed to take this blue dye and inject it into my nipples. BUT the nurse on the phone said they do it while I'm awake, numb the area, and make me as "comfortable as possible." That tells me 2 things. 1-I'm not going to be comfortable, and 2-it's going to hurt like hell. I mean, why else would they have to TELL me that they are keeping me awake.
I keep picturing this metallic liquid cursing through my boobs I'm so not looking forward to that part. Surgery ill be asleep for , so that's no big deal.

I had to say goodbye to Marie last night. I probably won't really see her for a week or so. We ate at Denny's and went to watch Jeffrey's choir concert. She has an idea of what is going on, but not much. She knows that mommy is seeing the doctor and that he is "fixing my boobies". Lol.
Thanks to my fam for helping out.

Mom and dad are with me right now and Troy will be here this evening. I know he feels bad that he can't be here but I am so proud of him and happy that he is working at this new job. He deserves to finally be happy at work--and I know he is.

Anyway-today's the day. More updates later.
Love you all-overwhelmed by all of the support. :-)
Ps-sorry for any errors-typing on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment