Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hair today, gone tomorrow

So, today's obsession has been with my hair.  I'm realizing more and more that it's not going to be here for very long.  I give it 5 weeks, tops.  Normal people might be scared about that, but I'm not.  I'm actually looking forward to some aspect of it.  Now, I'm not looking forward to losing my hair, but I am looking forward to playing with it.

I'm going to try to have as much fun as possible.  The way I see it, I have the next 5 weeks to try out hair styles that I never would have the guts to try otherwise.   I am probably going to make it a gradual change.   I will most likely start chemo sometime around the last week of January.  If my docs are right, the hair will begin to fall out 7-10 days after my first treatment.   So, that gives me roughly 5-7 weeks of hair time.  I think I'm going to go in once a week and just go shorter each time.  I'll get the shortest haircut when I start chemo, that way when the hair starts to fall out, it won't be drastic.  When it starts, I'll just go all GI Jane style.  This is what I'm thinking.  Every few weeks, I will be getting a new cut or style.  I'm going to go shorter each time, and I'll possibly color it, too.  I'm going to probably go to great clips or something (cheaper in the long run), and if I decide to die it, I'll get a box of hair dye.

So...I'm thinking this will be the look for week 1:

It's short, but not too short.  I'll have fun with it for a few weeks...then I'm thinking something like this....

Style 2:

I like this one...she's on "Once Upon a Time", and I've always wanted to know how I'd look with a cut like this.  
Then, I'll go with something like this: 
Style 3:
 
I'm not sure which one to go with for the pixie--I'm leaning more towards the last one (Emma Watson). I've loved her hair ever since she cut it short.  I may even do the reddish brown thing that she has going on there, too.  
I feel like this could be very therapeutic for me for a few reasons. One, it will give me a chance to get used to the short hair, and it will transition me into the actual hair-loss phase.  Also, it will help Marie.  I think if she sees it get shorter and shorter, it will be less of a shock when I'm actually bald.  

The final look will be something like this: 


I'm hoping I'll have the same gorgeous facial features and make-up, too. :)

So, comment away and let me know what you think of my new hair-dos.  




4 comments:

  1. Well, I think girls with short hair ROCK! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great idea! I love all the styles you have chosen!

      Delete
    2. You will be beautiful with any of the styles!! Love your attitude! -Missy

      Delete
  2. Definitely Emma for the pixie one! Lisa, you are an inspiration and your attitude is amazing! Cannot WAIT to see the styles, you will ROCK them ALL! Amanda

    ReplyDelete