Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Slick

I'm not sure how many of these posts will be about hair, or lack there of, but this is another one.  So, when I decided to have my mom help me get rid of the hair, I figured we'd do the clippers and the rest would just fall out on its own and I'd be ok with that.  Well, I was.  For about a day.

I had this look, which I posted yesterday:

   <----notice the stubble on top.  

For a little while, this was ok.  Marie thought it was fun to rub my head.  (She even told Chloe, "Rub mommy's head, it's fun") 

However, after about 24 hours, it started to hurt.  I think, despite all of my research, I figured the scalp would tingle a bit and then everything would just fall out on its own.  Little did I know, that my head would be on fire!  Every little thing that touched my head felt like it was snagging the little bit of hair that was there.  

So, yesterday, I tried to take a bath.  I love baths.  Troy always teases me about baths.  I think it's the mom in me.  Bath time, for me, is a reason to go in the bathroom and lock the door and not be bothered.  I can grab a good book and just hang out, by myself.  So anyway, I took a bath and I dipped my head into the water ONCE.  When I arose, the sight was disgusting.  This may be gross, but I think people should know how this actually happens.  The hair (again, little stubbly hairs) was everywhere in the tub.  I literally got out, took the shower head (thankfully we have a removable one in the tub), and sprayed it all away.  Apparently I have a LOT of hair, because there was still a lot of stubble on my head.  

As I'm drying off, I look at myself...there is literally hair stuck everywhere.  All those little hairs that were in the bath are now stuck to my skin.  I start to freak out.  I really am not emotional about this, but it was just GROSS.  I was laughing at how grossed out I was.  Picture me, tiptoeing around the bathroom going, "EW EW EW EW".  Well, picture me with a robe on.  

So, I got in the shower to clean up AFTER my bath.  Crazy concept.  I rinsed off as best as I could, but I still felt like the hair was everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.  I went downstairs to make a snack and I felt like I was dropping little hairs in the same way that Hansel and Gretel dropped bread crumbs.  Do you want to know where lisa went?  Just follow the hairs    _-_-_--_ _- _ _---_ _ _    (that's supposed to be a trail of stubble..)

Then, last night, I was wearing a wrap and it just hurt.  I mean every time I touched it, adjusted it, brushed against something, it just HURT.  So, this morning, I called my mom over and said "let's do it."

She took the clippers, this time without a guard, and we did the rest.  Then, I took an electric razor....one of those triple blade ones, like this: 
And we got the rest.  I think I'm going to have Troy help me with the rest of it tonight.  I'm still a little patchy, and I think I can only get the rest with some good old fashioned shaving cream and a real razor.  

Surprisingly, this has been the most fun part about all of this.  I don't know why.  I enjoyed getting my hair cuts each week, seeing what I liked/didn't like.  I am now really happy that it is all gone.  VERY happy.  I think that was the last big thing that chemo was going to do to me, and now that it's done, I feel liberated.  

So, here's a brief timeline of my last few months with hair. Enjoy...


Before:  


Second Cut: 



Third Cut(My fav):




Fourth Cut:




Today: 





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! And you TOTALLY pull off the bald head look! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use MY razor????????????????

    Love you - Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

      It would be fitting if she used your electric, but I think she bought one.

      You look great sweetheart. I love you--thanks for hooking me on revenge and the following now.

      Delete