Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Counting down

So tomorrow is the last day before my next treatment.  That's how I will probably view things from now on.  I feel so great lately (considering), but I know that the next treatment will knock me on my ass.  At least I'll have my chemo cocktail buddy with me this time.  We can talk each other's ears off.  Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in.  Probably stay in my PJs for the morning.  Marie has been a crank-butt in the mornings (I wonder where she gets it), so I'm going to let her sleep in (hopefully she does) and try to catch up on sleep.  She's had a hard time getting to sleep.  Tonight, I even begged my mom to just put her to bed for me because I didn't want to deal with it.  Thankfully I have a great mom who said yes to that.

Bed time is fine, if I want to go to bed, too.  We've finally gotten to the point where she is ok with sleeping on her own, in her own bed.  So, where is the problem, you ask?  Her room is attached to our room via a jack-and-jill bath.  So, when I put her to bed, I'll come in to my room, and then it starts.

Marie: Mommy?

Me: Yes?

Marie: If I want to call you, you'll be in your room, ok?

Me: Goodnight Marie.

Marie: Mommy?

Me: Yes?

Marie: Tomorrow I want to go bowling with you, ok?

Me: Goodnight.

Marie: Mommy?

Me: .......

Marie: MOMMY???

Me: .......

Marie: frantically runs in my room... Mommy, I was calling you.

Me: Go to bed Marie.

Marie: Ok, but if I have to go potty, I'll call you.

Me:  UGHHHHHHHH.


Now, if I were to even try to go downstairs during this time, she freaks out.  She notices that I don't answer her calls and runs to the top of the stairs crying and we have to start bed time all over again.

Sometimes our conversations go on for 5 minutes and she's asleep, and sometimes it will be an hour after I put her down and she'll hear the dog sigh, and all of a sudden its,

Marie: MOMMY?!

Me: WHAT?!?!?!

Marie: What was that noise?

Me: The dog was breathing.

Marie: Oh.  I heard that noise and it scared me.  I don't want Rusty to breath anymore.

Me:  I'll work on it.


What a fabulous life I lead.  So, with this in mind, she's been getting to "sleep" later and later, even though we've been putting her to bed earlier and earlier.  Funny how that works.  Tomorrow, we're going to get a late start.  I'm at the point where maybe she doesn't need a nap anymore.  Maybe that's it?  I don't know yet.  We'll see.

As a final thought--I saw this e-card yesterday and even though I'm not 30 yet it made me think of me and my girls.  I sent it to them in a text already, but I thought I'd post it here, because I definitely feel this way.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, Melissa Speck
    I just started reading all if your blogs today. I have been following you on FB, but was unaware to the extend if what you have been dealing with over the past few weeks. I just wanted to let you know that you and your family have been and will continue to be in my prayers. You are stronger than you realize, there aren't many women our age who could go through what you're dealing with right now. I would really like to get together when ever your up for it. I know we've been saying this for years, but l'd like to break that cycle.

    ReplyDelete