Friday, January 4, 2013

fun morning

I am continually amazed by how awesome my little girl can be.  I slept funny last night, so when I woke up this morning I was in a bit of pain.  I woke up at 7:00 to Marie climbing in my bed saying "Good morning, I want to eat crunchy crunch with you".  I told her to wait and cuddle with me until I was ready to get up.  She watched an episode of Mickey..while I realized that she had slept in her bed all night....For those of you who know how much I've struggled with this since the move, this is a big deal.  She even asked me "Mommy, you slept in your bed all night, too.  Do you get a sticker?" So yes, today we will be purchasing her a new 2013 calendar with a fun set of stickers.

She then went downstairs, brought me up a Diet Coke (yes, she knows my addiction), a pop tart (I didn't even know we had any left), and sat with me while we shared "breakfast" (I use the term loosely).  THEN, she said "I'm going to play with my dollhouse".  She went into her room--which is attached to ours through a jack-and-jill type bathroom--and she played with all of her Christmas toys.  I sat in my room and watched House.  This is how the next hour passed:

Marie: MOMMY?!
Me: Yes?
Marie: I LOVE YOU!
Me: I love you too! :-)
Marie: MOMMY?!?!
Me: Yes?
Marie: Can the mommy drive the van?!? --(This relates to her dollhouse toys)
Me: Of course sweetie!
Marie: Mommy?!?!?
Me: Yes?
Marie: I LOVE YOU!
Me: I love you too!!

And hit repeat about thirty times.  So cute.

Then-we did this:







2 comments:

  1. Cancer may suck, but kids rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile, A LOT! What a doll!
    - Gloria

    ReplyDelete