Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy things!

Marie is back!!  Mom and Dad, I was happy to see you, but at 5 a.m. when Julie, Ken, Jeff, and Patrick pulled in the driveway to drop off Marie, I could not have been happier.  I was still somewhat drowsy, but then I rolled over, I saw Troy holding her, and I was so excited.  She was sleeping, so Troy put her in bed to cuddle with me while he got ready for work.  She woke up briefly and was very confused...but then she said "Mommy, I went to Disney, and it was the same."  I literally laughed out loud.  It was probably the best thing she could have said.  I was kind of getting sad that I wasn't able to go with them, and her telling me "it was the same", even though I know she had a blast, made me feel like she didn't have this amazing special time without me.  Does that make sense?  It might not, but it still made me smile.

So, today, we woke up, I gave her a bath, we unpacked, then went to lunch.  She ate bread (I really need to work on her diet), and then we went to Monkey Joe's (a bounce house place).  She had a lot of fun, but I tell you, that place could have given me a heart attack.  I swear the way that parents just let their kids do whatever they want to makes me so mad.  I literally was "that mom" who yelled at a bunch of kids for being bullies.  They were standing at the end of this GIGANTIC slide blocking the way for kids sliding down.  Poor Marie was at the top just waiting her turn and these kids were literally trying to catch/trip kids as they slid down.

Cue angry bitch mom:

Me: HEY!  Move out of the way, NOW.
Kid: **awkward stare**
Me: OUT OF THE WAY.  You are going to hurt someone!
Kid: **awkwardly moves out of the way and rolls eyes**
Me: **pump fakes kid and gives angry stare**

Marie:  **looks at me, shrugs shoulders and finally comes down slide**
Me: Marie, let's find another slide.  **looks around and realizes that these kids are everywhere** Actually Marie, you want a slushie?? You can drink it in the car!!


So we left.  It's probably the cancer, but I swear I was about to punch some of those kids.  But Marie had  fun, and that's what counts.

When we got home, my intention was to lay down with her until she fell asleep.  I snuggle with her for about 20 minutes, and then we were both out.  3 hours later, Troy was home and it was 6:00.  Uh-oh.

It is so good to have her home.  I feel like life is back to normal.  I'm sleeping in my own bed again, not the cancer room.  That in itself is huge.  I was able to put Marie to bed tonight per our normal routine.  The only downside is that I feel like as soon as things get into a great routine, that's when the chemo will start.

I made my appointments today.  Since over the next few weeks I'll be referring to my docs a lot, I'll tell you who they are.
Dr. M=General Surgeon.
Dr. F=Plastic Surgeon
Dr. H=Oncologist
Dr. C=General Practitioner (Marie's doc, too)
Jill=Breast Navigator (no lie, that is her title)

Tomorrow I see Dr. M as a follow up to the most recent surgery.
I called Dr. H's office today to set up all of the trial stuff.  I have to sign a consent form tomorrow and then do a bunch of tests next week.
I called Dr. C to schedule a mole removal--that's right, mole.  I have one on the top of my head that will not look ok when I'm bald.  Ugh.  (yes, I know that is slightly vain of me, but it's been bothering me for a while.
I see Dr. F next saturday for my first "fill" appointment.

So, I have a busy couple of weeks.  But, Marie is home and that is what matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment