Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I have a lot on my mind.  So much, in fact, that I may need two different posts for this.  First, yesterday I had my wig appointment.  At first, I felt somewhat awkward.  I mean, I still have my hair.  Although it's not for long, I still have it.  This made trying on wigs awkward.  Everyone of them felt fake, it felt like I was being a fraud.  It felt as though I wasn't supposed to be there.  I tried on a few, but I finally settled on one that is similar to the hair cut I have now.  The color is spot on.  It's the only one that didn't really feel like I was wearing a wig.

One thing I noticed, they were trying to give me different wigs that seemed too old for me.  I'm not knocking old age, I'm just not there yet.  Each wig seemed to be made for a 40+ year old woman.  My mom and I joked that it's probably because that's who usually comes in.

After the wig thing, I got blood work done and I went with my mom to Charming Charlie.  There, I got a bunch of wraps and hats.  If I'm going bald, I'm gonna have to rock it, haha.  I'm still trying to figure out where to buy the large square scarves.  I'm going to buy a few online, but I hate not being able to see them before I buy them.

Anyway, here's a few pics to show what kind of head gear I'll be sporting.  Pardon my awkward expressions.

 Here's the current hair pre-hat/wig.  




Here's the wig-cap thing to make me look bald, haha. 


This is a free 'cap' that was donated by these woman who knit for the american cancer society.  


 Hat #1



       
Wrap #1 (had to)

      
Hat #2 with Wrap #1


     
Hat #3

    
Hat #4



Wrap #2 (still not sure how to tie them)

And....











The wig.  I tried it with some of the hats.  It'll take some getting used to.  
That's all for now. 

 

3 comments:

  1. I had to share this with you, I asked my friend Donna who is almost a 12 year survivor, where she bought her wigs and scarves: she told me at Wigs Are You or Wigs Are Us-so I searched it on the web and saw this..

    www.wigsrusltd.comWigs of all colours & styles supplied online for hairloss, fashion, party, glamour and the transgendered, transexual & transvestite community

    first thing I thought of is a lot of them look hot! they obviously know where to buy the good stuff lol...just sayin, take care
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look good with short hair!
    Aunt Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable and are definitely rocking them all!

    ReplyDelete