Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Jekyll and Hyde

Of course, I'm referring to my four-year-old.  Yes.  She is Jekyll and Hyde.  One day she's the best kid in the world and I think to myself "I love this stage."

The next?  Call in the priests, because we may need an exorcism.
Ok, I may be exaggerating a little bit, but not much.

Here's my happy-go-lucky child:




I don't take pictures of her when she's in her demon phases...mostly because I'm afraid the image will show some other being that has possessed her leaving her body...but I did ask her to show me an angry face for the camera a few times.  This is what I got.  

<----Seriously...Father Merrin?  Where are you? 

<------This is mostly her being silly, but you get the idea. 

I have no idea which Marie to expect.  She'll walk in the room in the morning and I place my hands over my face in a defensive manner in order to shield myself from whatever she's going to throw at me (literally, she has thrown things at me) while I wait to see which Marie I am going to see.  

Overall, I've loved being home and spending time with her, but it has really made me question my parenting skills.  I know that she's only 3 (4 in two weeks), and that tantrums and mood swings are normal, but I seriously don't know how to handle discipline in these moments.  

Oh well.  I'll just go to bed and pray every night for moments like this...




No comments:

Post a Comment