Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fuzzy

I am titling this "fuzzy" for several reasons.  The first is a good reason.

I HAVE FUZZ.  Peach fuzz.  On my head.  The hair on my head is starting to grow.  Slowly, mind you, but still growing.

I've noticed it for a little while.  A little piece here, or there.  The real treat came on Monday at the gym (yes, the gym...more on that later).  I had just worked out and I was in the locker room changing.  I went to check the mirror and wipe off my sweaty head (that is one weird thing about working out when you are bald...sweaty head).  As I pulled off my hat, I saw something that caught my attention.  FUZZ. The difference this time was that I had an even layer of the stuff.  It was sticking out of my head like sweet feathery wisps of heaven.  That may seem dramatic, but hey, it's been a while.  I got so excited.  I started smiling and almost jumped up and down.

Then I remembered where I was.  I swear the other ladies in that locker room probably thought I was nuts.

These little hairs don't realize how important they are.  I am rubbing them constantly...coaxing them to grow more, grow faster, grow thicker.  I know it won't work, but it's my own version of a sort of rain dance.

Marie even noticed.  She was rubbing my head the other night (it's become sort of part of the bedtime routine), and said "Mommy, is your hair coming back?"  I told her that yes, it started to grow.  Her response?

"Did you water it like I said?"

Too cute.

So now, expect weekly measurements of my hair.  Just kidding.  Sort of.

Here's a picture for reference:


The next reason for the "fuzzy" title is my brain.  Seriously.  Super fuzzy.  I have "chemo" brain like crazy.  I find myself forgetting things as I'm talking about them.  It's so weird.  I misplace things ALL the time.  You know that feeling when you open a cabinet, or go to get something and you forget what it is that you are looking for?  I have that feeling ALL THE TIME.  So annoying.  It's part of the reason that I haven't blogged as much lately.  I feel like every time I start a blog I forget what I want to write about.
The third reason for the "Fuzzy" title. This one is a bit of a stretch, but it's in reference to Marie's new nightly routine.  She sees, wait for it, "far away things".

About two weeks ago, we put Marie to bed following our normal routine.  About two hours after bed time, she woke up screaming.  She was in hysterics and couldn't be calmed down.  When I went in to calm her down, she kept saying that she saw things "far away".  She wouldn't stay in her bed, and she kept looking up above me and pointing at the ceiling in weird places.  You can imagine my fear and confusion.  I seriously thought my kid was seeing poltergeists in her room.  I kept getting flashes of all the horror movies I'd seen where the kid sees dead people.  I know I shouldn't joke about it, but it creeped me out.

She was so scared that she was trying to claw her way out of my hold to run away into our room.  It was so bizarre.  So, we moved her room around, made a big deal out of it, told her it was a "new room".  That worked for a day or so.  Then it started again.  I googled the crap out of it and I'm pretty sure it's sleepwalking or night terror-ish.  When she does it, she doesn't even realize where she is.  One time, she even said "I want mommy" when I was right there holding her.

If anyone knows anything about this, I would love some insight.  I would also like to know that there isn't a poltergeist in my house, so if you know a medium, or ghost buster of sorts, I'll take that number, too (just kidding...sort of).


1 comment:

  1. I think watching wreck it ralph 700 times about living in a video game might be the cause of the issues.....just saying.....or could it be episodes of house coming through the walls that frighten her.....sorry - I will turn it down.

    ReplyDelete