Thursday, July 11, 2013

I know it has been a while (yet again) since my last post.  Things have been pretty mundane for the most part.

Every day I go in, lift my arm above my head, turn to the left and wait for the beams to slowly burn my skin.  I am now 16 treatments into my 28 treatments, and I am now starting to feel the side effects.  My skin is a bit irritated, pink, and itchy.  My underarm is burnt and irritated and it hurts slightly when I rub against it.  Also, I'm tired.  Like, really tired.  I wake up in the morning and can barely get out of bed.  Usually by the time I get going, I feel alright, but I still feel as though a nap would be awesome.

Overall, I can't complain.  I have 12 more left, and I'm sure it will get worse, but either way, it is one step closer to being DONE with cancer.  I'm ready for the next phase of my life to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment