Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pre-Radiation Vacation Sensation

Sorry...Had to rhyme...I was going to keep going, but I couldn't think.

I have to say.  I love road trips.  I was really nervous about going on this one.  I know I seemed excited, but truth be told, I was anxious and nervous to get going.  My family can attest to this.  I was a royal bitch on the day we left, and they caught the worst of it--sorry fam.  We got on the road at about 3:30.  I sat in the back to sleep.  I was exhausted.

It was fun.  We laughed about the fact that we didn't really get out Will County until about 5:00 because we had to keep stopping.  I feel like some road trips start that way, you get in the car, get going, and forget something, or get hungry, or have to pee.  Ugh.

I have to take a quick detour from the road trip so that I can explain something.....So I'm not quite ready to go topless out in public.  I know I shouldn't care, but I'm just not there yet.













HAH!  You probably thought I was talking about my boobies.  Nope.  My head.

I apologize for the duck face, but I was sending my sis a pic of me in this new shirt she bought for me, so I was being silly.  When I tried to take another non-duck face picture, I kept getting a double chin.  So this is the one that is being posted on this blog.  Deal with the duck face.

So, even though the hair is growing back, I'm still wearing the wraps.  In the car, though, I take it off.  It's supposed to be better for the hair growth.  Well, every time we stopped, I would quickly remember my wrap and tie it back on.  One of the stops, though, I did it quickly without looking in the mirror. I walked into the gas station, bought my snacks, and then took Marie to the bathroom.  When I took her to wash her hands, I saw myself in the mirror.  Wow.  I looked like a member of the KKK.  The back part of my wrap was sticking straight up and down in the air and went to a point at the top.  It was awful.  No idea how long I walked around like that.  Ughhhh.


Anyway, here are some photos of the road trip.


 On our way!

 Happy camper!!

 Trying on her ears (even though she still doesn't know where we are going...)

 Me watching Arrested Development in the back of the van :)

Marie playing  with the magnet toys I made her...Yes, I'm crafty.  

 Dad trying to get comfy...It didn't work out so well.  


 Troy finally getting some rest. 

 Marie enjoying one of the TWO movies she watched during our 20 hour drive.  That's it, TWO!!


 The entire back seat was sleeping...so cute.  You can see my mom's midsection--she's in the way back.  I love this pic because Troy and Marie have the same position. :)


 Giant Peanut in Georgia.  'nuf said. 

No, this isn't a scene from Final Destination 2,456,342.  This was us behind a giant log truck.  We almost died.  


 It's not coffee...just juice, but still cute.  We were at our "fake" hotel, which turned out pretty awesome.  


Finally sleeping in a real bed...looks so comfy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment